Thursday, April 21, 2011

When I "Wing It"

What happens from time to time is that I get busy (or distracted. or lazy. or stubborn.) and I end up starting a project or needing to make a decision and I end up having to answer the question, "What are you doing?" 

My reply? "I'm winging it." 

Translation: I haven't the foggiest idea what I'm doing, but rest assured, I'm praying the whole time that something good will come of my efforts. And because Jesus just ROCKS, it usually works out pretty okay. All honor and glory to Him, because my lack of plan according to the world is merely a recipe (or a prescription) for disaster. :-)

My latest "wing it" endeavor is something for my kitchen from the most darling piece of scrap fabric my mother gave me. It is buttercream-yellow with apples and little apple blossom buds. It. Is. Adorable.

Last night, my husband observed me bent over the fabric at my sewing machine, pins in my mouth, pinning the teeniest hem EVER. I asked him to set up my iron and after he did so, he asked, "What are you going to do with it?" 

"I dunno," I replied. "I'm just gonna wing it."

I cut a long rectangle out of it and sewed two hems along the longer edges before I realized I should have taken a picture of the odd shape before I got into 5th gear and started snipping. Oh well. I'm envisioning a small valance (really small) but we shall see. Mom assured me that Joann's probably has more. However, until I get the time and money to assess that situation, I'm not giving up on my little piece of wonderfulness for my kitchen. Please, Jesus, help me make something delightful.  It doesn't look like much, but I have faith in it and in You. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope you get the answer you seek. I have come up with great meal while pantry diving.