Tuesday, April 12, 2011

long list, busy week

I had a tremendously busy week last week! It was my first week of my new schedule, and my intended project list grew to mammoth proportions. I had to scale it back due to its completely unrealistic "achieve-ability." *sigh* 

I have taken some before pictures of some of the projects I have planned. Since we are renting, the only permissions we have been given in neutral paints, planting annuals, and putting a gravel walk from the driveway to our back door. Presently, the only room with a definitive direction is the bathroom (we only have one in our little house). Our master bedroom we know will have dark chocolate/espresso brown, but we haven't agreed on much other than that. He hates duvets, I hate stripes, he wants a big honkin' dresser, I like damask, yadda, yadda, yadda. However, inspiration hit for the living room last Friday! We found a decor tile that closely matches a plaque my mother-in-law gave me for Christmas. We took it home and put it on a small shelf I purchased at a thrift store and repainted a buttercream color. The looked so good together, for a moment my breath caught and I saw the whole room in my head! 

Saturday I found a gorgeous Pier 1 pitcher at the flea market and a small mirror for our bedroom for the vanity I don't own yet, but someday will have. The pitcher is currently on the fireplace waiting for me to decide if I want to repaint it or leave it as is. . . 

I personally feel a home should be a refuge for the family, that each room should be a reflection of the heart and soul of its members, and that a feeling of warmth and welcome should radiate from floor to ceiling. While I may not have a natural knack for decorating, or the finances to hire someone that does, God is helping me out by sending great deals and inspiration my way! Pictures to be posted soon :)

No comments: