Saturday, April 30, 2011

I love my mommy :)

As iron sharpens iron,
   so one person sharpens another.
Proverbs 27:17

My mother is just plain awesome. Our relationship isn't perfect, we have definitely had our rough patches. However, surviving the storms of life with someone makes a relationship stronger. We've certainly survived some storms of life together, and also some of our own making. Humbleness and love are key in mending relationships. Sacrificing self and pride are instrumental in healing hurts between people so relationships may strengthen in trust. God used her a bunch this week!

I'm very excited to say that she has graciously added to my fabric collection with some adorable red, white, and blue prints and has also given me a can of white paint so I can get to repainting some of our furniture!  She also showed me some of her latest finds for her own kitchen. "You inspired me," she told me. Me? Really? Wow! And here I was basking in the inspiration she gives me. It sure is nice to have someone to share all this with, and to be "sharpened" by. :-)

Praying you have some iron to sharpen up against this week! God bless you and your nest!

No comments: