Saturday, April 16, 2011

Birds chirping :)

Lately I've felt like the Israelites complaining about being in the desert and the manna, missing the food of Egypt despite the slavery they were subjected to. My husband even noticed the frequent references to the journey to the Promised Land in my life the past month or so. Our little house is truly an act of God I walk around in every day, but I think I have become desensitized in some ways to His miracle. Not so different from the Israelites, huh?

Getting used to being somewhat removed from the more densely populated and commercial part of our county is taking some getting used to. I lived in the same general area for the better part of 8 years - since I moved to Georgia as a mater of fact. Everything I needed was so convenient and less than 10 minutes away from my driveway.  Now, its approximately 30 minutes. Instead of cars and sirens (the firestation was near my old home), I hear birds chirping, crickets, and trains. 


I'm sitting here listening to the birds chirping in the trees outside my window, and reflecting on a thought I had yesterday: If God wanted me anywhere else - convenient though it may be for my schedule and my gas tank - by golly I'd be there. The Lord wants us here, set apart from what I know and am comfortable with. This nugget-reminder from the Holy Spirit gently convicted me of my whining. I see my rural location with new eyes now: free from distractions and influences that kept me in bondage. It's a time of renewal and reflection as I begin my new life. God wanted me here and intentionally planted me here and is giving me fertile ground to flourish in and that's all I need to know. His will is my only desire for my life.

No comments: