Friday, July 29, 2011

I could sing of Your {love} forever!

God answers prayers folks. Maybe not the way you imagined He would. Definitely not always the way you ask Him to, but oh yes. He answers them. 

Yesterday I needed encouragement. He sent it in the form of my friend Ed from school. Little did I know, but while I was tapping my frustrations out on here my beloved husband was chatting with Ed and made dinner plans for that evening. I was hot, tired, and emotionally bankrupt. However, I went along with it because my good manners wouldn't allow me to cancel. 

The evening turned out to be exactly what I needed. Ed walked in the door with two cheesecakes (exponentially therapeutic in and of themselves!) and enough words of encouragement and affirmation to not only get me through the next 30 days until my student loan refund, but to get my attention focused higher than my circumstances. My husband and Ed laughed and traded stories and uplifted my spirits. By the time hubbz and I waved goodbye to our friend, I felt a renewed sense of dedication to my education. 

Today we got to spend the day with some dear friends. They are very musical, and perform every Sunday at church. I mentioned to my friend that I wanted to learn how to play guitar this fall and BAM! I remembered her hubbz plays guitar! He agreed to teach me this fall, and when he joined us later, he brought his guitar and taught me my first chord (D major). While the kiddos played he was walking around strumming, and they sang a couple of worship songs. One of them is called, "I Could Sing of Your Love Forever." Listening to my friend's voice lilt and swing with her husband's guitar in harmony and worship was an audible illustration of my thankful heart. 

 For now, this is the path that I know I'm supposed to be on, and these are definitely the people my family and I are supposed to be surrounded by. After graduation? Who knows. Until then, Lord I will sing of your love. Thank You for answering my prayer with such precious people. I'm so very, very blessed.

No comments: