Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Finally summer

Aaaaah. It's finally summer!

I'm on a mission to make over my house on the inside. I have jars and jars of seashells and its my intention to spread them all over the house and fool my senses into thinking we're at the beach. . .as long as we don't look out the windows. :-) I have a palette of blue paint I'm going to use to repaint my black bookshelves, and huge piece of blue fabric I'm going to sew into more valances for the living room and dining room. It's going to be delightful!

Today was my son's end-of-the-year party at school. Kind of bittersweet. But I must confess, I'm very much looking forward to a break from the commute to his school. It was a wonderful party, and we had tons of fun! I have a very tired little boy who has been napping for about 2 hours now. He drank about 3 cups of water before he finally zonked out. The rest of us are relaxing under the ceiling fan watching Chronicles of Narnia, sipping peach sweet iced tea. *sigh* I do love summer....

No comments: